Sunday 13 March 2011

Bringing My Sexy Back...so to speak



Being on the cusp of becoming a grandmother in a few short months has me totally reflecting on the past and how I felt and feel about myself as a woman. This is because my daughter, a beautiful 18-yr old, confessed to me that she was a little worried that her boyfriend wouldn't look at her the same way once she gives birth in June. In my head I was thinking that boy should be kissing the very earth my daughter walks on that she even gives him the time of day is a miracle, but I am a tad biased.

I was never a confident female. Totally hung up on alot of little things about myself. Felt I was too fat, felt my hair was never right, clothes all wrong...the typical thing a girl worries about. I look back at old photos and I realize, ok, I was no supermodel, but not hideous either. Nor was I fat. My husband was the first man to make me feel sexy. He had a way (and still does) to make me feel really great about my looks and my body. (Ok, if my kids are reading this they might want to stop at this point). I mean, we missed a week of college because we couldn't get out of bed, and believe me, neither of us had the flu. ;)



Then not too long after we shacked up, my oldest girl, the 21 yr-old, was on her way. And wow, did my body change. The hubby loved my curves, and some of those curves stayed post-partum. I was lucky that I lost all the birth weight the day my girl was born, but I had filled out as a woman. I no longer had a teen's body. It drove me nuts for a while because I had to change the fit of the clothes I wore, and these two things on my chest went from an A cup to a C cup. Man, were they in the way. But, two of his favourite things, nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?

So years passed, two more children were born. And voila, I'm in my 40's. I have some work to do on this chassis but it's not that bad. We still are very "active" and we have our date nights. We do take advantage of those precious hours when our kids are out of the house and make the most of some intimate time together. Part of that could be the fact that during the last 9 months my hubby was working out of province on a 28/14 rotation and when he was home it was honeymoon time. But, well, I think we are just at the point, where the kids are home less, life is less busy, and there really isn't anything good on tv so we have the time to focus on the us in this relationship. It's fun getting to know my man again.

So, I'll slip into that lil number I got from La Senza, spray some of that special perfume on, and once he's finished getting through level 3 on Angry Birds...imma jump him. It's Sunday afternoon and we're all alone!

Fade to black....

No comments:

Post a Comment