Sunday 2 October 2011

Autumn

Cool weather, bright sun, beautiful foilage in the forest, smells of stews, baking, and Canadian geese heading south.  Sense of urgency to get the yard settled for winter, digging out mitts, hats, scarves and boots before the first snowstorm hits so I won't ruin my shoes because I'm caught unawares.  Nagging the hubby to get the oilchange on the van done and to switch the tires from summer to winter.  Christmas gift list planning while sewing 9 costumes for Hallowe'en.  Yet, I am totally at peace with this.  Searching the internet for pumpkin recipes (a first for me) because I want to make muffins like Tim Horton's does.  And thinking that popcorn CAN be eaten in the afternoon, just because it's a warm yummy treat.  And my favourite - snuggling into the sheets on a weekend morning watching the frost from my window dance in the sun before it melts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment